This month I reimplemented arcade classic Pong for its 46th birthday/World Digital Preservation Day (note 1, note 2) and set it up to play on a 15-screen videowall at the Weston Library in Oxford.
I also shared thoughts on why web developers should use CSS before adding JS, an explanation of the history of the North Sentinelese, and a tear-jerking Christmas short film.
Posts marked by an asterisk (*) are referenced by the summary above.
- Pong *
- Playing Pong at the @bodleianlibs for #WDPD2018 #dp0c. *
- The Prime Minister’s New Bill With apologies to Hans Christian Andersen and thanks to JTA, both of whom deserve the credit for this more than I. Once there lived a Prime Minister, and she loved to wear clothes made of strong international relations. One day a Swindler came to the Prime Minister and he promised that he could equip her with clothes of the best and strongest international relations. The Swindler claimed that all the people of the realm loved the new material he was producing, and the Prime Minister was delighted. She appointed a man to be in charge…
Reposts marked with a dagger (†) include my comments or interpretation.
- JUST LEARNED THERE ARE 16 OUNCES IN A POUND
- German chat app slacking on hashing fined €20k †
- Warp and Weft? †
- Baby Burping Robot
- We Watched the Toy Story Porn Parody So You Don’t Have To [NSFW]
- Is it just me, or is this some fantastic fucking casting. For the first time perhaps ever, I feel confident that a remake of an already-good film has the potential to be awesome. †
- @RespectableLaw on North Sentinel Island *
- Love is a Gift *
- What Kind of Person Steals Their Co-workers’ Lunch? †