This month saw me share the Story of Scgary: how my childhood friend Gary and our various adventures together had become part of the mythology of roleplay scenarios used in the training of helpline volunteers at Aberystwyth Nightline.
I also shared news of a piece of interactive fiction produced for Halloween by my team at work, a parody of what websites are like in 2018, a Black Mirror-esque short story, a YouTuber who’s engineering cybernetic augments to sense and react to the physiological signs of her arousal, and tips on winterproofing your vagina (sarcastic, obviously).
Posts marked by an asterisk (*) are referenced by the summary above.
- Today, @bodleianlibs releases Shadows Out of Time, a Choose-Your-Own-Destiny story. It’s amazing – go read it: https://s.danq.me/Np #halloween #InteractiveFiction *
- Big Blue (@IBM) to buy @RedHat. Developers risk being… marooned.
Reposts marked with a dagger (†) include my comments or interpretation.
- Websites in 2018 * †
- The Expert: Wrong Angle †
- Grenfell Tower: The fires that foretold the tragedy †
- Linda Liukas, Hello Ruby and the magic of coding †
- A 2016 version of the 1914 Isochronic London/World travel times map
- Forza Horizon 4 is really very British †
- It’s time to winterize your vagina * †
- Escape from Spiderhead * †
- SQLite Code Of Ethics (formerly Code of Conduct) †
- Rehabilitating Google AMP: My failed attempt †
- #youbroketheinternet So We Got Tracked Anyway †
- SHE BON : Sensing the Sensual * †