Dan explains how he produces content for the Web, and his blog's place in the ecosystem of the places his…
Dan and Ruth celebrate their 12th anniversary by cycling across Scotland.
I Don't Watch YouTube (Like You Watch YouTube)
A recent YouTube video by Veritasium helped Dan understand some of the quirks of YouTube's algorithms. Why hadn't he understood…
BBC News... without the sport
A lightweight Ruby program to republish the BBC News RSS feed... but without the sports articles.
Blogging with semantic insertions and deletions
Adapting your CSS can make semantically-enhanced / modifications to a blog post clearer to readers.
What can board game strategy tell us about the future of the car wash?
Factory Manager is one of Dan's favourite board games. Can it explain why there's no longer a car wash at…
Edge Blink and Progressive Web Apps
Dan investigates the pioneering Progressive Web App features of Edge Dev.
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance development, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings. He sometimes finds time for geo*ing.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,821 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 113 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,021 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 677 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- 76 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 4 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.08 days to read all 886,508 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen