Understanding Them (Pronouns)
After many years, Dan has a change of heart and decides that the singular "them" isn't all that, and maybe…
The 7 Types Of StackOverflow Answers
StackOverflow's a great resource, but it's also a terrible one. Dan explores the seven types of answers you'll get to…
Dan is grateful for a great many things, despite the current crisis.
Dan receives an unexpected mid-expedition postcard from a fellow geohasher.
Identifying Post Kinds in WordPress RSS Feeds
Dan shares the code he's written to improve Indieweb Post Kinds support in his RSS feeds.
Difference Between VR and AR
Dan's sister challenges him to define the difference between AR and VR, and Dan realises that he can't.
Why Aren't Jehovah's Witnesses Vegetarian?
A visit from the Jehovah's Witnesses leaves Dan wondering why it's blood transfusions, not beefburgers, that they famously reject.
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
On this day in 2011...
Dan Q found GL5E1BGT Charming Little Grotto
Found after a short hunt. TFTC.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,849 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 139 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,135 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 765 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 83 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.31 days to read all 954,663 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen