LABS Comic RSS Archive
For the benefit of anybody wanting to read LABS comic from the beginning in their RSS reader, Dan writes a…
Shifting into Automattic
Dan announces his upcoming departure from the Bodleian Libraries and looks forward to working with Automattic.
Dan explains how he produces content for the Web, and his blog's place in the ecosystem of the places his…
Dan and Ruth celebrate their 12th anniversary by cycling across Scotland.
I Don't Watch YouTube (Like You Watch YouTube)
A recent YouTube video by Veritasium helped Dan understand some of the quirks of YouTube's algorithms. Why hadn't he understood…
BBC News... without the sport
A lightweight Ruby program to republish the BBC News RSS feed... but without the sports articles.
Blogging with semantic insertions and deletions
Adapting your CSS can make semantically-enhanced / modifications to a blog post clearer to readers.
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance development, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings. He sometimes finds time for geo*ing.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,823 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 119 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,031 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 729 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- 78 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 4 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.11 days to read all 894,593 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen