Dan shares his latest digital project, the Endpoint Encabulator, with an explanatory video.
<blink> and <marquee>
Dan explores the history of two (much-maligned) HTML tags of the yesterweb. With blinking marquees!
Dan mines his own geoposition data of the last decade to ask: did I ever accidentally visit a geohashpoint? Turns…
Automattic Retrospective (days 207 to 334)
The fourth in Dan's series of blog posts about his experience of working at Automattic comes as he approaches the…
Displaying ProtonMail Encryption Status in Thunderbird
Dan releases his first Thunderbird plugin, for improving integration with ProtonMail Bridge.
Dan suggests a creative/stupid way to abuse Slack custom emoji.
AI as an Author
Dan shares some of his favourite stories from the world of natural language artificial intelligence.
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,872 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 150 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,190 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 790 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 88 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.42 days to read all 985,936 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen