TRRTL - Logo on Coffee
TRRTL.COM: CoffeeScript-powered Logo-like turtle graphics. On the Web.
Hello, Friendly Insurance Salesman!
After a long chat with a car insurance salesman, Dan says thanks. Also: sorry.
Why do book spines have the titles printed the way they do?
The orientation of the title printed on the spine of anglophone books is dictated by ISO 6357. Wrongly.
CSS-driven console graphics
There's an Easter egg in danq.me which you can see in your browser's debug console.
Since the 1990s, Dan Q has maintained some kind of personal blog, talking about his life as well as technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance web consultancy, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings. He sometimes finds time for geo*ing.
On this day in 2005...
Links I Promised People
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,790 articles: long-form blog posts, since January 1999
- 99 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 811 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since August 2011
- 653 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 2.86 days to read all 823,732 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen