- Swedish pacifists reject Russian advances with "Sorry, I'm gay" line. In morse code. You can't make this shit up: https://t.co/tS8ANvvPET
- In December, I installed solar panels on our roof. Four months later, here's how we're getting on with them: https://t.co/dBKxo7ElFh
- Finally got around to writing about the #eebotcphack day: https://t.co/3SGLcsxOQA Shout out to @iRNY and @gregg_sh, who are mentioned in it!
- Congratulations on 10 years, @dresdencodak! My, hasn't it flown by.
- While exploring the @squizcms code, I discovered that Engineering Chief @gregsherwood is immortalised in a CAPTCHA: https://t.co/QwuBuwYf9z
Last month, Dan attended the EEBO-TCP hackathon, and worked alongside humanities researchers to collaborate on software that extracted previously unexplored data out of 25,000 recently-digitised 15th-17th century texts.22 April, 2015
When using the Squiz CMS, Dan noticed that his CAPTCHA kept containing the same patterns of letters. These turned out to be the names of early developers on the system, which in turn lead Dan to uncover Easter Eggs in the software that have been deliberately concealed by their authors.27 March, 2015
This week, Dan performed a magic trick (via webcam) for some friends in an exclusive part of Reddit. And then he thought he should share it with you, too.4 March, 2015
You can tell when Dan's recovering from illness, because he starts craving the most otherwise-disgusting foodstuffs. Here's a recipe...12 February, 2015