Hey ONS: This Is Not A Mistake
Last census, Dan and his family had to fill the paper version to work-around monogamy-centric validations on the digital versions.…
Entles (Gender-Neutral Aunts, Uncles, etc.)
With thanks to Enfys' latest blog post, Dan learns a new word and he loves it.
Axe Feather 2021
Dan recreates a 16-year old Flash-based interactive ad using modern web technologies.
Further Lessons in Wood-Fired Pizza
Dan makes another attempt at cooking pizza in his wood-fired oven. It turns out better than last time, and he…
We Are The Martians
Alec, Matt R, Penny, and Dan play The Outpost scenario in Dialect: A Game About Language and How It Dies.
Confused.com Confuses Me
Confused.com's user interface makes Dan cry when he tries to comparison-shop car insurance. Here's why.
The Diamonds, The Dagger and One Classy Dame
The celebration of Dan's fortieth birthday continues with a surprise (remote) murder mystery party!
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,886 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 156 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,204 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 791 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 95 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.52 days to read all 1,014,243 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen