Announcers and Automation
A friend of mine used to do railway station announcements and was so good that he could do it from…
The Far Side in FreshRSS
The proxy I implemented to bypass The Far Side's lack of an RSS feed is now unnecessary, because FreshRSS is…
Breakups as HTTP Response Codes
408: Request Timeout = "You keep saying you'll propose, but you never do", and 18 other HTTP response codes expressed…
Sisyphus: The Board Game (Digital Edition)
I implemented a terrible digital version of a truly stupid board game idea. My excuse is illness, I guess?
Spring '83 Came And Went
As the sun begins to set on Spring '83, I finally finish implementing my server for the protocol, way too…
Oxford Geek Nights #52
Oxford Geek Night returned this week after an incredibly-long hiatus, and it was amazing.
Finger Portal to WordPress Blog
Has anybody ever made a Finger-to-WordPress gateway before? No? Can you imagine why that might be?
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,956 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 186 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,232 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 991 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 100 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.84 days to read all 1,106,675 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen