While hanging out at IndieWebCamp Oxford, Dan adds progressively-enhanced panoramic WebVR technology to his blog.
Importing Geocaching Logs into WordPress
Dan open-sources the tool he's written to synchronise his geocaching logs with his blog.
How Edge Follows In IE's Security Failings
Replicating an experiment Steve Gibson performed into browser EV certificate acceptance, Dan discovers that an ugly security-weakening "feature" of Internet…
The Mystery Button-Box
Dan finds another bit of mystery hardware, and scares some head-scratcher photos.
Since the 1990s, Dan Q has maintained some kind of personal blog, talking about his life as well as technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance web consultancy, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,759 articles: long-form blog posts, since January 1999
- 59 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 397 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since November 2012
- 579 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 2.48 days to read all 715,467 words, so pace yourself
Never miss a thing! Choose your favourite subscription options and get updates as-they-happen: