Ruth writes about "Wonder Syndrome" as a counterpoint to "imposter syndrome", an Dan reflects on how and why he's adopting…
Taking photos of children isn't difficult. Unless it's the early 1980s and that child is Dan.
Dan films himself trying five vegan cheese substitutes for your... let's say "enjoyment".
Nginx Caching for Passenger Applications
Adding Nginx microcaching to a Passenger application requires a little thought. Let's save you from thinking about it.
Printing Maps from Dungeondraft
Tips on using Dungeondraft to make RPG maps you can print for tabletop use.
DNDle (Wordle, but with D&D monster stats)
Dan releases DNDle, a Wordle clone where you assign characteristics to try to guess the Dungeons and Dragons monster-of-the-day.
Off the back of a colleague's throwaway comment, Dan makes cartograms showing how his coworkers' countries proportionally dominate their world…
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,933 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 173 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,226 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 920 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 97 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.74 days to read all 1,076,199 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen