Dan and the kids participate in some citizen science, testing the water quality in the Oxford Canal.
Using the Web for Exhibition Interactives
As he writes up notes for his successor, Dan explains how the Bodleian's interactive digital signage uses the power of…
I wasn’t sure that my whiteboard at the Bodleian, which reminds my co-workers exactly how many days I’ve got left…
Automattic Recruitment (days -179 to -51)
Dan reflects on the last 128 days since he applied to work at Automattic, and looks forward to the remaining…
LABS Comic RSS Archive
For the benefit of anybody wanting to read LABS comic from the beginning in their RSS reader, Dan writes a…
Shifting into Automattic
Dan announces his upcoming departure from the Bodleian Libraries and looks forward to working with Automattic.
Dan explains how he produces content for the Web, and his blog's place in the ecosystem of the places his…
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance development, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings. He sometimes finds time for geo*ing.
On this day in 2003...
Tomorrow's the first day of the Fresher's Fayre, and Dan can't sleep.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,827 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 122 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,048 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 740 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- 79 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 4 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.14 days to read all 904,952 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen