Loading CSS Asynchronously Without JS Dependency
Dan proposes a new technique for lazy-loading CSS which doesn't break style for non-JS users.
Building a Playframe (Timelapse Video)
Dan builds play equipment for the kids and shares a timelapse video of the process.
This month, Dan's in love with Syncthing, software that keeps his household's data where it needs to be.
Santander to Accept Homemade Deeds Poll
Santander are one of two banks who've been a thorn in Dan's side since he started helping people to change…
Rebuilding a Windows box with Chocolatey
As often happens when he moves house, Dan broke a PC. But thanks to package manager Chocolatey, he was able…
Break Into . Us (lock puzzle game)
Some people, when faced with a puzzle, try to solve it. Dan tries to recreate it. That's how he wrote…
Buying Another House
By the weekend, Dan hopes to have moved house. Again, but perhaps for the last time?
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,864 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 147 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,174 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 776 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 86 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.38 days to read all 974,086 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen