XPath Scraping with FreshRSS
The latest version of FreshRSS's killer feature is XPath scraping. Dan demonstrates how to use it.
After keeping it at bay for years, Dan finally catches Covid and it makes his brain go wonky.
.well-known/links in WordPress
Dan implements a WordPress plugin to support Jim Nielsen's proposal for .well-known/links.
Beating Children at Mastermind
Sick of losing Mastermind to his kids, Dan cheats by implementing a brute-force solver he can run on his phone.
He's not a "dog person", but Dan's learned to love one dog in particular.
Milk and Mail Notifications with Flic 2 Buttons
Dan deploys Flic 2 "smart buttons" to remind him to read his post and bring the milk in.
Bash+Batch In One File
A single file that can be executed in Bash, Zsh, Windows Command Prompt, and MS-DOS? Yup, and it's disgusting.
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,944 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 179 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,228 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 973 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 100 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.79 days to read all 1,092,617 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen