CSS-driven console graphics
There's an Easter egg in danq.me which you can see in your browser's debug console.
Ending on a High
Dan marks the New Year by climbing Ben Nevis.
Festive Cranberry & Cinnamon Bagels
Dan shares a recipe for delicious and highly-seasonal bagels.
Alpha-Gal and the Gaia Hypothesis
A tick bite can make you allergic to non-primate mammals. Gaia hypothesis advocates might suggest that the increase in frequency…
Since the 1990s, Dan Q has maintained some kind of personal blog, talking about his life as well as technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance web consultancy, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings. He sometimes finds time for geo*ing.
On this day in 1999...
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,787 articles: long-form blog posts, since January 1999
- 96 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 792 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since August 2011
- 653 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 2.84 days to read all 816,765 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen