There's a strange pipe on this steam locomotive. Can you guess what it's for?
An Unusual Workday
Not every day at Dan's work involves bear masks, augmented reality, podcasting, and hacking. But this one did.
20 Years Of Blogging
Come next week, Dan will have been blogging for 20 years. A lightweight retrospective.
While hanging out at IndieWebCamp Oxford, Dan adds progressively-enhanced panoramic WebVR technology to his blog.
Since the 1990s, Dan Q has maintained some kind of personal blog, talking about his life as well as technology, programming, relationships, magic, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Alongside freelance web consultancy, he works for the University of Oxford and volunteers with Three Rings.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,773 articles: long-form blog posts, since January 1999
- 67 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 481 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since August 2011
- 603 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GPS gaming, since January 2010
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 2.59 days to read all 747,339 words, so pace yourself
Never miss a thing! Choose your favourite subscription options and get updates as-they-happen: