Virtually all original content published on DanQ.me is published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 license. Broadly-speaking, this means that you can republish it or reuse it elsewhere, without asking permission, so long as:
- You credit Dan Q as the original author, and
- Your derivative work is not commercial (i.e. nobody’s making money off it).
You’re welcome to get in touch if you have licensing questions or want to ask for permission to use my work in some other way.
Note that this license does not apply to:
- Non-original content, e.g. other people’s work republished on DanQ.me under some other license. These should all be easy to identify because I’ll state the identity of the original author, but take care when considering “embedded” content such as YouTube videos by other creators.
- The PHP, SQL and other source code that powers the “backend” of the site: a lot of this is open-sourced, but it’s separately licensed.
- Content explicitly licensed in a different way; this will always be clearly stated on the relevant page.