This month I attended a festive breadmaking workshop and I wrote about how I discovered that a Turkish university’s libraries stole the website of the University of Oxford’s and confronted them about it. I shared Elena Filatova’s latest video of her explorations of the Chernobyl exclusion zone, an article on the strange appeal of Bat Out Of Hell, and observations on the depiction of asexuality in Bojack Horseman.
Posts marked by an asterisk (*) are referenced by the summary above.
- Investigating a possible new bug in @firefox 57: after installing the service worker, going to an uncached page on a site like adactio.com (@adactio), danq.me, or 3r.org.uk results in a “NetworkError” and the offline page, even though the connection is fine…
Reposts marked with a dagger (†) include my comments or interpretation.
- Ghost town 13. Night ride through the dead zone * †
- Digital Resource Lifespan
- Jogging from the Perspective of Animals
- Interdimensional Cable
- Enabling IPv6 Support in nginx
- New Tesla charging stations could compete with Starbucks
- Bat Out Of Hell At 40: What The Hell Explains Its Appeal? *
- Male incompetence is a subtle form of misogyny
- My Sammelband has Frisket-Bite: A Short Glossary of Delightful Library Terms
- Why BoJack Horseman’s Representation of Asexuality is Important *
- London’s Transport Chief Can’t Do Early Meetings As She Uses Southern Rail