Things that are causing me excess stress and reduced sleep:
- I’m writing program features that have been paid for, but may never be used.
- I can’t keep a pcAnywhere connection to the client open for more than a few minutes.
- I’ve been abandoned to sort out the database replication by myself.
- A colleague insists upon demonstrating how stressed they are about their upcoming deadline, as if I needed reminding about mine (I’m already past it, and the client keeps phoning me to tell me all about it).
- Pulling extra hours isn’t actually getting that much more work done.
- I still have lots of Three Rings to go, most notably a file-storing system, and I can’t find a way to focus on it.
- I have heaps of laundry to do…
- …oughta tidy up, too…
- …and sort some things out with the bank, with my parents, with the Dept. of Comp. Sci…
But, above it all – the killer:
- I can’t find the motivation to get on with any of it, and it’s all building up into a mammoth heap of incompleteness.
End of rant.