Things that are causing me excess stress and reduced sleep:
- I’m writing program features that have been paid for, but may never be used.
- I can’t keep a pcAnywhere connection to the client open for more than a few minutes.
- I’ve been abandoned to sort out the database replication by myself.
- A colleague insists upon demonstrating how stressed they are about their upcoming deadline, as if I needed reminding about mine (I’m already past it, and the client keeps phoning me to tell me all about it).
- Pulling extra hours isn’t actually getting that much more work done.
- I still have lots of Three Rings to go, most notably a file-storing system, and I can’t find a way to focus on it.
- I have heaps of laundry to do…
- …oughta tidy up, too…
- …and sort some things out with the bank, with my parents, with the Dept. of Comp. Sci…
But, above it all – the killer:
- I can’t find the motivation to get on with any of it, and it’s all building up into a mammoth heap of incompleteness.
End of rant.
Good progress at work today, easily catching up on the things I didn’t get done yesterday on account of having been at the Royal Welsh Show.
AbNib is proving itself popular, but I’m still not happy with it: there are a load of really cool features I’d like to add, yet. But that’s a job for another day. I’ll be up in Lancashire this weekend for Andy‘s party and to visit my folks, so I can’t do it then, either.
Claire’s gotten herself temporarily sterilized with a fantastic hyperdermic full of progesterone and with the aid of the nice people at Aberystwyth Family Planning Clinic. Woo and indeed hoo. She’s (theoretically) a lot less likely to forget to have an injection every three months than she is to forget to take the pill: something she’s demonstrated herself to be very proficient at.
I’ve been excessivley stressed for the last 48 or so hours. I think it’s mostly a result of having no money and my paycheque still being a week away, and having to live off my credit card in the meantime (which I don’t like doing). Also that my crisp-wound in my mouth from the other day has developed into a spot which would probably heal faster and hurt less if I could stop playing with it, but I can’t. And that I’m not making nearly as much coding progress on Three Rings as I should be.
I have a strange urge to go for a long walk in the rain this evening. I hope it rains.