This month I produced almost no original content, but I shared a number of interesting content from elsewhere around the web, including an explanation of the power of compound interest (and why saving for a pension early is often more-important than saving lots), a curious poem, and a short film about what would happen if all the cautionary tales your parents told you were true. More are below.
Posts marked by an asterisk (*) are referenced by the summary above.
Reposts marked with a dagger (†) include my comments or interpretation.
- Compound interest and retirement * †
- day-tight compartment
- Moscow Math Olympiad Puzzle
- Pyramid Scheme by Hera Lindsay Bird | Poetry Magazine *
- Optipess Guest Comic
- Coding without a keystroke: The hands-free creation of a full video game
- Cautionary Tales *
- The Tyranny of Convenience
- Are You Ready to Have Friends with Kids?
- Where does my council tax go?
- Does anyone have the right to sex?
- “Elon Musk”
- Child Abuse Ad Uses Lenticular Printing to Help Children While Remaining Invisible to Adults †
- No, Panera Bread Doesn’t Take Security Seriously
- Authority and Usage and Emoji