I’ve just released version 114 of MegaMegaMonitor. You’ll get the upgrade automatically within the next day or so, or you can force it to upgrade manually by clicking here. If you’re not using it yet, install it here. Changes in this release are:
- Performance improvements – many users, and particularly those on slower computers, those using Firefox, those with access to many private subreddits, and those browsing long comment threads, have seen MegaMegaMonitor get painfully slow. Performance should be much improved for these users, now.
- Two new subreddits – MegaMegaMonitor now supports /r/gildedgonewild and /r/ElephantLounge. /r/ElephantLounge is another subreddit to which I don’t personally have access, so I’d love to hear from people who do to reassure me that the icons are working as they’d expect. These newly-added subreddits support all of the usual MMM features including encrypted messages.
- Prettier icons – people at ‘gemstone’ level MegaLounges now have appropriate icons, and people ‘stuck’ (black icons) in the MegaLounge chain theme “after the sun” now have part of the style of the icon carried over, too.
As always, I’d love to hear what you think, including any ideas for the future. I’m still hoping to make the “gossip” feature, mostly for the folks in /r/gilderguild, and I’ve still got grand ideas to help support /r/NinjaLounge and /r/PirateLounge (I’m just waiting for the go-ahead!). I’d also like to add some stability-improving features in an upcoming release, to help ensure that MegaMegaMonitor stays working with minimal intervention and is hopefully even capable of outliving me!
Update: I’ve also just pushed out v116, which also adds:
- Encrypted messages on wiki pages – it’s now possible to use the secret message feature to put encrypted messages onto Reddit wiki pages, too. I’ve done this so that I can use some as examples in the upcoming documentation that’ll be appearing later today.
Update2: MMM updates are like buses. You wait for ages for one to come along, and then three come all at once. Here’s v120, which adds:
- /r/NinjaLounge and /r/PirateLounge support – not only do pirates and ninjas get icons and encrypted messages, like everybody else: they also get an extra setting on their options page to choose whether or not their identity is protected (via ninja stealth or pirate magic) – the default – or if they’re going out proud and fully-armed (which means that their enemies can see their icon, too!).