- Time for this iteration of a software project: 4 months
- Time left after the client changed their mind about the “must have” requirements: 2 months
- Amount of sleep within the last 40+ hours: 4 hours
- Number of JOIN clauses in an eleventh-hour SQL statement that suddenly fixes everything: 12 (LEFTies, RIGHTies, INNERs… and also a UNION)
- Time internal deadline missed by: 55 minutes… which isn’t actually that bad, considering everything that went wrong in the 55 minutes before them
- Money earned: nil
- Feeling after delivery complete: priceless*.
* also: knackered – guess I’d better get some sleep!