Keeping 2FA Secrets in a Password Safe?
I use my password manager to generate TOTP second factor codes. I know this is controversial, with some folks claiming…
Murder in the Library
Our first in-person murder mystery party in a long time was a success, and a great time was had by…
The Page With No Code
View Source shows nothing, but the page has content. The Page With No Code is the kind of puzzle that…
I'd Like to Change my Mother's Maiden Name
LastPass users are having to cycle their passwords in the light of a recent security incident. That might well include…
Email newsletters via RSS
No, I won't subscribe to your newsletter... except by using my RSS reader (and a clever feature of OpenTrashMail)!
Why Did Media Players Look Like That?
As MP3s took off, early player software looked... weird and ugly. To this day, I can't understand why.
Announcers and Automation
A friend of mine used to do railway station announcements and was so good that he could do it from…
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
On this day in 2020...
Jeremy Keith makes a sad joke about Brexit.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,963 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 188 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,234 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 1,004 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 100 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.87 days to read all 1,114,345 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen