Milk and Mail Notifications with Flic 2 Buttons
Dan deploys Flic 2 "smart buttons" to remind him to read his post and bring the milk in.
Bash+Batch In One File
A single file that can be executed in Bash, Zsh, Windows Command Prompt, and MS-DOS? Yup, and it's disgusting.
Do What You're Bad At
Dan digs deep into why he's really bad at some things, and promises to do them more.
Mathematics of Mid-Journey Refuelling
Dan uses the Secretary Problem to work out which filling station to pull over at for the cheapest fuel on…
Ruth writes about "Wonder Syndrome" as a counterpoint to "imposter syndrome", an Dan reflects on how and why he's adopting…
Taking photos of children isn't difficult. Unless it's the early 1980s and that child is Dan.
Dan films himself trying five vegan cheese substitutes for your... let's say "enjoyment".
Dan Q’s been blogging since the 1990s, mostly about his life, technology, programming, relationships, hacking, and games.
He lives in Oxford, UK with his partner and her husband in a polyamorous V-shaped thingy, and their two children. Until he finds something that rhymes better, he describes himself as a magician Automattician on a geoposition-mission.
Get the full experience: read all of Dan’s –
- 1,937 articles: long-form blog posts, since August 1998 (but with some backdated as far as October 1982!)
- 176 notes: short, “tweet-like” posts, since March 2014
- 1,227 reposts: other people’s content you should see, since July 2003
- 943 checkins: geotagged content, typically resulting from Dan’s GNSS gaming, since January 2010
- 98 videos: watch them with your eyes here (or, where available, syndicated to YouTube/QTube), since March 2001
- 170 reviews: products, services, and businesses Dan likes (or doesn’t!) since April 2003
- 5 comics: a handful of comics, mostly the few surviving archives from Dan & Alex, since March 2006
- Everything at once: it’ll take about 3.76 days to read all 1,083,110 words, so pace yourself
- Or subscribe to get updates as-they-happen