QEF for the geopup and I while stopping for a toilet break on the way home from a holiday in Wales. SL, TNLN, TFTC, and Happy Halloween!
I’m a big bad wolf, it seems. And last night I, along with Little Red Riding Hood (Claire), Death (Bryn), Paul (Andy!), Judge Doom [barely] (JTA), Pinocchio (Matt), and Matt (not in costume… grr), went out to the Coopers Arms to see Pagan Wanderer Lu. And he was good – some songs I knew, some songs I didn’t: tried to buy a CD at the end but it was £3 and Claire and I only had a £20 note between us and he evidently hadn’t sold £17 worth (i.e. 6) CDs yet because he couldn’t give us change so he’s holding one for us. Nothing rhymes with ‘Aberystwyth’, by the way.
We didn’t stay for much longer, because by this point the room was very full and very hot (particularly with us all in costumes)… so we bailed and went for a sly drink in Scholars, before retiring to the flat to watch My Neighbours, The Yamadas. Which was good.
Hmm… what’s everybody else saying:
- Bryn‘s been reading up on the history of Halloween
- Claire writes a little about the night: she’s right about arguments and miscommunication; oughta be more careful of that in future.
- Expect a report by Pagan Wanderer Lu soon, particularly as he reads my blog and this oughta remind him… =o)
- Andy mentions last night.
- Some pictures of the gig here.