Same kind of question from me, My mother re-married when i was 11. So my name was changed. But when i was 17 I lost my deeds. Solicitors say they wipe their records after 6 yr so would need to start all over again?? Costing £110 + vat! All I want is my passport, So could i still go by the name on my birth cert when i apply for it?